I had hoped to pull the trigger sooner but Murphy rules and plans went awry, miscommunication was the order of the day. At the last minute, Tim answered the call and agreed to meet me again, after work this time to insert a frame of eggs and install a trap mechanism of my making. I don't have much in the way of photos of this event.
You see, like any good teacher, Tim stepped things up a notch. Example is followed by experience, so this time yours truly got to wear the veil and dance with the bees. I should have handed Tim a camera to immortalize the event, just in case something truly interesting happened, but I am afraid I was just a little to jazzed to be thinking about anything but my impending doom. As it turns out, while I was shaking like I was on my fifth espresso and might have been mistaken for having fallen in the creek by the time I was finished (in my defense, it was hot and humid), the whole operation turned out to be rather uneventful.
The new frame with Tim's brood were inserted in the first slot, substituted for an empty frame removed from the back of the box, and my trap out device was fitted to the end of the transfer tube and installed in the access hole of the box in its place.
Judging by the swarm of activity by the time we were leaving, there is a lot of turmoil, no doubt agitation over not being able to get back to the wall. With luck, they won't go back to trying to find another way in. Unfortunately if they do, I won't be able to intervene till the middle of next week as I will be hiking the AT this weekend. We'll just have to cross our fingers and hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment