I was not able to raise a response with my e-mail broadcast to try to obtain a 'trade frame' so I made it my mission to make time (long overdue) to attend the Southeast Indiana Beekeeper's Association meeting out in Moore's Hill. A great group of folks that are seriously excited about keeping bees and more than happy to share what they know and help the newbie along.
Once Jason discovered what I was up to he set me straight on the whole frame trade thing so that option is back on the table. I also talked with Tim, who will be setting hives soon at County Farm. He was kind enough to be persuaded, after that operation is complete, to take a peek at what I have going to help plan what needs to happen next.
I will be checking in on the setup this weekend to see if there is anything left of the box-resident population and if not, see what they were doing during their brief tenancy. I also need to take another look at the feasibility of closing the new soffit entrance - with or without a lift.
No comments:
Post a Comment